OK…you know I don’t normally do these things, especially with The Creativity Series doing so well, but…well, I just kinda found this one a bit funny. Hosted by Grumpy Bulldog, I found this on a number of blogs I read, and, well, it IS creative, in it’s own deconstructive kind of way. He, GB, even states it in his rules:
I’ll keep it simple because I like simple. December 15 (which gives you 2 weeks) post on your blog the answer to this brain-teasing question:
What are the 12 things I hate most about the holiday season?
So copy the badge up above and on December 15 respond to the question about all the things you hate during the holiday season. Be as creative, or non-creative as you want.
1. Black Friday/Black ANYTHING Sales: now they start at Midnight on Thanksgiving. Soon: Black September!
2. Christmas Music Starting right after Halloween!!!
3. Stupid Christmas Grandma Sweaters (you know what I mean)
4. LoFat/Lactaid Free Egg Nog…I mean…really?
5. December being the ONLY time of the year we should have Joy on Earth? Seriously?
6. Ditto with “Goodwill To All Men”…how about women, children, animals, the Earth…?
7. Jello with mayonnaise? Ugh. I mean…ugh.
8. Commercialism (see #1)
9. Jewish Commercialism (why American Jews have to imitate Christmas)
10. Un-funny holiday cards
11. People who don’t know you who get your name for Secret Santa (horrible gifts)
12. Only thinking the homeless need food and clothing during December, let alone a place to live.
I have to apologize profusely to Lisa of Woman Wielding Words. She awarded BornStoryteller the above Liebster Blog Award way back on December 4th, and I have been remiss in doing anything about it. The award is to handed to “up and coming” blogs with less than 200 followers. As Lisa mentioned in her posting, not sure how “up and coming” I am, although I have 110 followers now.
Yes, don’t let the weird numbers on my sidebar fool you. WordPress has added a lot of things to impress you, but at this moment: 110 lovely ladies and gentlemen subscribe/follow my blog. More are always welcome. Just because I have Twit numbers (which they now add in) does not mean I have that many readers. If only!!!
So, I have to: thank Lisa (Thank You LISA)…and encourage you to really read her blog. She and I often are spot on with agreeing and corresponding posts; post the award; and now pick five other people who have under 200 followers and hope you go follow them, and then they are supposed to thank me, and back and forth….and now my head hurts.
Five blogs to follow with under 200 Followers:
The Whispering Tree: great indie band.
Portia’s World: a talented artist/writer who should be read
Cerebrations: from Roy Ackerman, whose comments and support are always given with high marks
Sweepy Jean: poetry you should read; real dedication
40Blog Spot: a French Yummy Mummy (she said it, not me)
and I’ll cheat a bit, like Lisa did with me, with someone who is just a tad over the 200 mark but should have more:
Flash Fiction: a great fiction writer who should be read (and encouraged to write more)
So…now I gotta let ’em all know they’ve been chosen, which I’ll do….YOUR JOB: go visit them, and if you like, follow them. It’ll be good karma.